Before we usher in the New Year, Avó Odete wants to wish you a (belated) Feliz Natal! Recorded on Christmas Eve, Rui’s grandmother reminisces about how she met her husband, and shares her latest crochet projects with her fans. You’ll also learn the names of several traditional sweets and other food served during the holidays.
Note: Logged-in Premium members can also access a PDF of each episode's transcription!
- 00:00:022Joel: Sim, vamos ver o que temos! Joel: Yes, let's see what we have!
- 00:00:033.39Rui: Temos sonhos, temos azevias recheadas com grão, temos bombons, Raffaello, Guylian, Rui: We have "sonhos", we have grain-stuffed "azevias", we have bonbons, Raffaello, Guylian,
- 00:00:1111.8Rui: Temos broas castelares, temos um Pai Natal de chocolate, temos a Elza, Rui: We have "broas castelares", we have a chocolate Santa Claus, we have Elza,
- 00:00:2020.1Joel: Olá Elzinha! Joel: Hello Elza!
- 00:00:2121.78Rui: Polvo com batatas a murro. Rui: Octopus with baked potatoes.
- 00:00:2424.69Joel: Mas vai haver bacalhau? Joel: But will there be cod?
- 00:00:2525.99Rui: Vai haver bacalhau, amanhã vai haver bacalhau. Rui: There will be cod, tomorrow there will be cod.