The sardine is a very important fish for Portuguese people and is highly consumed during the Popular Saints’ Festivals. Learn more about the economic and social impact of the sardine and the tasty meals that can be prepared with it.
Note: Logged-in Premium members can also access a PDF of each episode's transcription!
- 00:00:033.923Quando chegam as festas dos Santos Populares, do que mais nos lambuzamos? When the Popular Saints' Festivals arrive, what else do we gorge ourselves on?
- 00:00:088.423A sardinha, petisco autêntico português. The sardine, an authentic Portuguese snack.
- 00:00:1212.685Festas dos Santos Populares Popular Saints' Festivals
- 00:00:1515.887Como o nome diz, são festas dedicadas aos santos populares, As the name implies, these are celebrations dedicated to the popular saints,
- 00:00:2020.423nomeadamente Santo António, São João e São Pedro, sendo as principais, as duas primeiras. namely Santo António, São João and São Pedro, being the first two, the main ones.
- 00:00:2727.114Estas festas são comemoradas todos os anos, These festivals are celebrated every year,
- 00:00:3131.01todo o santo mês de junho e as pessoas passam horas na rua até madrugada a se divertirem e a comerem! the whole holy month of June, and people spend hours on the street until dawn to have fun and to eat!