Leonor has a test on opposite words tomorrow, so she asks her father to help her study while they walk home from school. Throughout their practice, you’ll learn lots of Portuguese adjectives, plus many examples of when to use ser vs. estar.
Note: Logged-in Premium members can also access a PDF of each episode's transcription!
- 00:00:033.216Pai: Olá querida, como correram as aulas hoje? Dad: Hi honey, how did your classes go today?
- 00:00:077.106Leonor: Correram bem. Leonor: They went well.
- 00:00:088.616Pai: O que andas a aprender? Dad: What have you been learning about?
- 00:00:1010.566Leonor: Andamos a aprender as palavras opostas. Leonor: We have been learning opposite words.
- 00:00:1414.336Pai: Palavras opostas? Fala-me sobre elas. Dad: Opposite words? Tell me about them.
- 00:00:1818.426Leonor: Olha, por exemplo… bom e mau, longo e curto, barato e caro, certo e errado, dia e noite… Leonor: Look, for example… good and bad, long and short, cheap and expensive, right and wrong, day and night…
- 00:00:3131.496Pai: Que interessante! Dad: How interesting!