After you complete all of the Lessons of a Unit, you’ll unlock a special dialogue. They’re basically bite-sized podcast episodes (1-3 minutes long), designed to put some of the vocabulary you’ve learned into context. We’ve launched over 50 new dialogues, with more on the way as we continue to roll out new Learning Studio Units. […]Read More ›
September 20th: This post has been updated to reflect additional scoring tweaks we launched today, inspired by some of the feedback in emails and this post’s comments. We’d love to know what you think in the comments… Obrigado! 🙂
We have exciting news! Over the past year, we’ve been rebuilding the Learning Studio from the ground up to prepare for lots of new, powerful features coming your way.
Although things will look mostly the same at first, some new intelligence has already been added to improve the functionality of the lessons, and their scoring…
Before: Classic Scoring
Previously, your lesson score was calculated as a percentage of how many questions you answered correctly.
For example, if you got 90% of the questions correct during a Lesson, that Lesson Bubble would fill in accordingly:
Your progress on individual phrases of a Lesson was not tracked, so the Learning Studio did not know which phrases you had already mastered, or which you still needed to practice.
Now, when you complete a lesson, your Mastery Level for each phrase stored for later in the Learning Studio’s brain:
- You’ll see this list at the end of a lesson, so you’ll know exactly which phrases you still need to work on.
- All of the Phrase Mastery Levels combined determine your Lesson Mastery Level (which is visually represented by those filled-in bubbles on the main Units screen).
- Whether you take a Lesson for the 1st or the 15th time, the questions will intelligently adapt themselves based on your Phrase Mastery Levels.
After almost two years of us putting all of our focus into releasing new podcast episodes, we realized that our website design and functionality was starting to slow us down. We were stacking new features onto the very basic website we had started with, which was working fine… but today, we are very proud to announce a brand-new PracticePortuguese.com, ready for 2015 and beyond!
Read on to find out more about these new features and upgrades. We hope you’ll find that our site is more beautiful and much more fun to use.
Updates Throughout the Site
• The home page has been redesigned to do a better job of introducing the Podcast, the people behind Practice Portuguese, and what we’re all about!
• We have also tried to do a better job of explaining the Premium features on the sign-up page, since we were having some questions about exactly what Premium Members receive in return for their support.
• Since we receive so many great emails from members (as well as passers-by), we created a Reviews page which allows visitors to see messages from other Practice Portuguese fans all over the world! Of course, we don’t include anyone’s full names or identifying information for privacy reasons.
New and Improved Premium Features
Here are just a few of the improvements we have made to make our Premium experience even more delightful!
In the past year, we have been blown away by all the positive feedback we have been receiving from iTunes listeners, blogs, googlers, and of course, our supporting premium members.
(We love to hear from our listeners and members, so send us a message to say hi! Escreve em português ou inglês, como queiras!)
With this encouragement and support, we have been exploring new ways to better serve the European Portuguese learning community.
More will be announced in the coming months, but for now, keep reading to find out what we have been up to more recently…Read More ›