Since the last newsletter about the launch of Smart Review, we’ve been hard at work, launching new features and new content to keep you learning European Portuguese!
We’ve got a lot more coming soon, but today we’ll take a break to give you a quick round-up of some of the recent highlights:
- 🍿 Em Português, Por Favor – Have you ever spoken to someone in Portuguese, only to have them immediately switch to English on you?
- 🍿 50 Sombras da Avó Odete – Avó Odete is safe in quarantine, but she’s still as feisty as ever!
- 🍿 Inês e Ricardo em Quarentena – An animated video version of one of our recent Shorties about a couple in quarantine struggling to pass the time.
- 🎙 Videochamadas São uma Chatice – Tired of video calls yet?
- 🎙 O Fim de Semana da Joana – Practice the simple past tense as you listen to one of our newest and youngest voices.
- 🎙 Os Tons do Português – Do you know how to say your favourite colour in Portuguese?
We recently launched 6 more units:
- 🦠 Pandemic Etiquette: Practice the vocabulary and phrases you need to talk about the new world we live in.
- 🤔 The Conditional Mood: Learn how to talk about conditional situations, i.e. something one “would” do in a hypothetical scenario.
- 🙏🏽 Religion: Learn some basic vocabulary related to a few common religions.
- 📖 The Conjuntivo: By popular request, we launched a series of 3 units on the Portuguese subjunctive mood:
New Learning Notes
We just posted these useful guides on some of the topics that matter most to our members:
- The European Portuguese Alphabet – Can you spell your name in Portuguese?
- European Portuguese vs. Brazilian Portuguese – What’s the difference?
- Shortcuts for Learning European Portuguese – How to start “getting by” with limited knowledge
- How to Use Clitic Object Pronouns – We just updated this guide to give you more details on the rules of how to use and position clitic pronouns (e.g. does “se” go before, after, or within the verb?)
- Pronunciation Guide for European Portuguese Vowels
- Pronunciation Guide for European Portuguese Consonants
- ⚡️ Have you noticed the transcripts are loading much faster lately? We just implemented instant transcript loading to make your study sessions more efficient.
- 🔍 Trying to remember that one episode you really liked, but you can’t remember the title? Hoping to find an episode using a particular word or topic? You can now use our search engine to search through entire episode transcripts.
In The News 📰
- Do you ever start a conversation in Portuguese and then have no idea what to say next? This is the topic of a recent article we published in Tomorrow Magazine, in collaboration with our friend, Lena Strang. Read more and hear tons of audio example phrases: 🗞 Olá, tudo bem? NOW what?
- Need some strategies to get out of a slump? The Portugal News just published our article about 🗞 Overcoming a Plateau in Your Portuguese Learning